April 28 – May 20
- Getting familiar with community communication tools including IRC and mailing list.
- Learn how to make RPM packages and use Online Build Service.
- Discuss with mentor, learn openSUSE package procedure, adjust timetable under the guidance of mentor.
May 21 – June 15
- Manually install Eucalyptus, accumulate the configuration experience.
- Packaging for Eucalyptus, and document it.
June 15 – July 10
- Manually install CloudStack, accumulate the configuration experience.
- Packaging for CloudStack, and document it.
July 11 – July 28
- Time cache for the previous tasks, if time available, install and document for OpenStack.
July 30 – August 25
- Test packages on clusters rather than local machine.
- Verify and modify packages, update documentation.
August 26 – September 5
- Push new packages to Online Build Service.
- Edit wiki page, put documentation on wiki.
September 6 – September 16
- Discuss with mentor, verify level of completeness and summarize finished work.
- Discuss the future maintenance of these packages and documentations.